Body of 2-year-old boy pulled from pond at Burlington County mobile home park

Andrew Kramer
November 09, 2018 - 9:26 pm

Dreamstime

Categories: 

PHILADELPHIA (KYW Newsradio) -- Residents at a mobile home park in South Jersey were rattled Friday morning after emergency crews pulled the body of young boy from a pond. 

It was a tough morning for Richard Ellis, Jr. and the residents of Mobile Estates of Southampton in Burlington County.

"I'm speechless," Ellis told CBS 3. "I never expected in a million years to wake up to that."

A 2-year-old boy was pulled from a pond around 11 a.m. after he had been reported missing by his mother.

READ: Mother sues New Jersey facility after 10 children died in adenovirus outbreak

A trooper with the New Jersey State Police tried giving the child CPR, but it was too late.

"Our hearts go out to the family," said Sgt. Jeff Flynn. "It's always a horrible thing to have to respond to a child who's hurt, or injured, or in this case, unfortunately, deceased."

At this point, it's unclear how the child died. 

So far, there have been no charges filed.