Cosby juror speaks about trial

Juror No. 1 says the 2005 deposition was central to deliberations.

Mark Abrams
April 30, 2018 - 8:33 am
Bill Cosby

Photo Credit: Mark Abrams

PHILADELPHIA (KYW Newsradio) -- One of the jurors on the Bill Cosby sexual assault retrial is now talking about what happened at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown, Pennsylvania -- and their decision to convict the comedian of all three sexual assault charges.

Juror No. 1, identified as 22-year-old Harrison Snyder, spoke with ABC's "Good Morning, America" about the deliberations and what led the jurors to reach their verdict.

"I think it was his deposition, really, in which Cosby admitted to giving these Quaaludes to women, young women, in order to have sex with them," Snyder said.

The testimony of five other women who claimed they, too, were assaulted by Cosby wasn't as crucial as his statement.

"In the deposition he stated that he gave these drugs to other women. I don't think it really necessarily mattered that these other five women were here, because he said himself he used these drugs for other women," Snyder said.

Cosby's statement came out of a 2005 civil suit filed by Andrea Constand and later settled for more than $3 million. That deposition was unsealed by a judge in 2015 and led to the filing of criminal charges against Cosby.

Snyder claimed during the GMA interview that he never watched "The Cosby Show" and really didn't know about the case against him before the trial.

"I didn't know anything and don't watch the news, ever," Snyder said. "So, I didn't even know what he was on trial for."

Snyder also said he believed Constand's testimony at the trial about being drugged and then assaulted by Cosby. He says the jurors had no doubts.

"Some have said that I made the right decision, and some people have said that they still think that he's innocent. And I just tell them if you were there, you would say the same thing. You would say he's guilty," Snyder said.

Cosby is free on bail following his conviction last week. But he is restricted to his Elkins Park home and cannot leave it without court permission pending sentencing.