You'd better be ready for Tax Day, because the clock is ticking

Lynne Adkins
April 12, 2019 - 4:00 am

golibtolibov/Getty Images


PHILADELPHIA (KYW Newsradio) — If you haven't already filed your tax return, time is running out.

This is your last weekend, your tax return must be filed electronically or postmarked at the local post office by midnight Monday.

If you're worried this still isn't enough time to finish, you can file for an extension.

IRS spokesman Clay Sanford says file form 4868, which can be found at, but that's just an extension for the paperwork.

Sanford says if you owe money, that check must be written now.

“Make a good estimate of what you think you might owe and send that in so that you can at least avoid penalties and interest on whatever the balance maybe, because failure to file penalties are usually more than failure to pay,” he said.

If you do file for an extension, Sanford says, that only gives you a break until October.