Traveling to Europe will soon require 1 more form

Lynne Adkins
March 13, 2019 - 4:00 am


PHILADELPHIA (KYW Newsradio) — If you're planning a trip to Europe, you have one more thing on your to-do list. 

Currently, you just need a passport to travel to Europe. But starting in 2021, you'll need one more item: You'll have to fill out a form online before traveling for security and migration protection when heading to 26 different countries, including Germany, France and Poland. 

READ: United States citizens will need a visa to visit Europe starting in 2021 

Rosanna Gehringer, owner of Ventresca Travel in Hatboro, Montgomery County, says it won't be a major hassle and approval could take just minutes.

"It's not that extensive and it's not that expensive, just an application that's done online and it's basically just for clearance, just to keep aware of it because especially if it's a trip that's an emergency, it needs to be done instantaneously," she said. 

The authorization comes from the European Travel Information and Authorization System. Travelers from 60 countries will need to fill out the form that will last for three years and costs about $8.